In my line of work, I have advised clients with millions of dollars, and clients with nothing but debt. It has given me an inside look into the psyches of people in all walks of life, and I have discovered something surprising: Feeling secure about your finances isn’t necessarily determined by how much you have.
On the wealthy side of the spectrum, I have seen women with significant assets lose sleep over the fear of becoming a bag lady. At the other, indebted side, we have people with severely negative net worth who don’t even worry about tomorrow. And then there are the people in between who are all over the place when it comes to financial fears.
I’m not a scientist, but I know enough to be able to speculate that there must be something more to financial security than just how many assets you have. So, what does this mean for you?
It means that financial peace is within your reach. You don’t necessarily need to change your financial situation for you to increase your financial wellness.
In other words, you don’t need to be financially well-off to be financially well.
What can you do to feel more peaceful about your finances? I’m so glad you asked! Click on the articles below for some suggestions and resources:
Tackle your fears
- How to Let Go of Your Money Fears
- On Denial
- Shedding Light on the Worst Case Scenario
- Fear of Mailbox Syndrome
- Put Money in Its Place
- Getting Affairs in Order is about Life, not Death
- How to Change Financial Behaviors for Good
Find your confidence
Take on a new mindset for your relationship with money-
Start talking about it
- You are not alone. Join our private Facebook Group “End Money Stress – for Women” where we discuss the many ways to acquire more financial peace.
- Book Club: Lost and Found
- The Effectiveness of Women’s Money Circles
Need some support in your journey? Let’s talk.